It’s never too early to prepare for the arrival of your mini human. The perfect course for expectant parents.
- What happens in labour and how it progresses
- What concerns do you have about labour and how our bodies support the process
- Birth Partner tips such as how to support and how to get a good indication of where she is in labour without relying on cervical dilation
- Hormones of labour
- Initial baby-care following the birth
- New-born appearance and what to expect in the first few weeks
- Crying solutions
- Sleep solutions
- Safe Sleep Advice
- Baby development, attachment and bonding
- How to ask questions and the importance of making decisions relating to your birth
- Induction – What is it? What can you do if your birth is induced?
- The biggest tool in the box – breathing exercises
- Pain management options
- Breastfeeding – How to get things off to the best start led by Wendy Lever, IBCLC
- How to know feeding is going well
- Formula & making up a feed safely
- What’s in a nappy?
- Practical Nappy Changing
Contraction patterns and long early stages of labour – what can you do to support yourself/ your partner?
Birth environment and its importance
Car Seat Safety
New-born bathing & dressing
Massage for labour
Anxieties about becoming parents & relationship changes
Post natal care/support
The role of a dad
How to be a supportive Birth Partner
Reserve your place
If you would like to reserve your place on the antenatal course, please fill out the form and we will advise you want dates are advisable for your due date.